This position requires someone who is able to work under the direction of the site Crew Chief on various construction projects (drainage, masonry, carpentry). You will be given specific tasks and expected to complete them under their direct supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Jobsite preparation including unloading materials and tools.
- Perform jobsite cleanup periodically in order to maintain a clean and safe jobsite.
- Perform all labour duties as required
- Organize materials under the direction of the Crew Chief and Lead Hand.
- Complete work in accordance to WCB standards of safety.
- Adhere to all company policy and procedures as outlined in the Flintstones Installer Policy and Procedure Manual while adhering to BC labour requirements.
- Complete the project in accordance with the clients/project specifications as outlined in the work order while assuring highest quality standards are met.
- Ensure both the Crew Chief and Lead Hand is well supplied with materials, equipment, and support to keep production to a maximum.
- Submit all paperwork to the office daily.
- Take photos of the job progress as directed.
- Cleanup debris at the end of the job and place in appropriate bins.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For:
- Knowledge and experience in drainage/carpentry/masonry and/or a strong willingness to learn.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in residential construction
- A valid driver’s license.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction and direction from a qualified Crew Chief.
- Experience working with hand tools and power tools
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism; professional, clean and neat appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to take direction and ask questions when needed; positive attitude
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Critical thinking skills which allow you to assess problems and come up with appropriate solutions.
Who are we?
We are the largest residential renovation Company in beautiful Victoria, BC and consistently growing. “Do it once, do it right” is more than a tagline. It’s an attitude that pervades everything we do at Flintstones. It’s how we became the most referred masonry and renovation company on Vancouver Island — and why we extended our services to include: Interior and exterior renovations, home waterproofing, foundation repair/restoration and landscape design and builds.
At Flintstones, we understand that any business is only as good as the people who run them. That’s why we are determined to hire people who are smart, motivated, positive and excited to learn and grow with us. We strive to maintain an open work culture where everyone feels comfortable opening up and sharing their ideas and opinions. We also value our clients, which is why we have an unwavering devotion to quality workmanship, honouring commitments, and always acting with fairness and integrity.
This is a full-time permanent position that offers a competitive hourly wage which will be negotiated based on experience. We also offer a comprehensive medical benefits package, flexible vacation time, company shirts, and training.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.