This position requires someone who is able to work under the direction of the site Carpentry
Crew Chief on various carpentry/construction projects. You will be given specific tasks and
expected to complete them under their direct supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of the project layout.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions, when required.
- Handle various types of carpentry materials.
- Use carpentry tools and equipment such as chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders
to repair and erect structures.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure
everything is level and secure.
- Carry out general demolition of minor building structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Ensuring all work is done in accordance to standard building practices, design
specifications and BC building code.
- Communicate with consultants, contractors, inspectors, suppliers, as required
- Completing work orders and documenting information including time and materials,
and submitting to the production and accounting department.
- Adhering to all company policy and procedures as outlines in the Flintstones Installer
Policy and Training Manual.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by management.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in residential construction with an emphasis on
- A valid driver’s license.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction and direction from a
qualified Crew Chief.
- Experience working with hand tools and power tools
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company
specific safety orientation.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism; professional, clean and neat
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to take direction and ask questions when needed; positive attitude
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Critical thinking skills which allow you to assess problems and come up with
Who Are We?
We are the largest residential renovation Company in beautiful Victoria, BC and consistently
growing. “Do it once, do it right” is more than a tagline. It’s an attitude that pervades
everything we do at Flintstones. It’s how we became the most referred Masonry and
Renovation Company on Vancouver Island — and why we extended our services to include:
Interior and exterior renovations, home waterproofing, foundation repair/restoration and
landscape design and builds.
At Flintstones, we understand that any business is only as good as the people who run
them. That’s why we are determined to hire people who are smart, motivated, positive and
excited to learn and grow with us. We strive to maintain an open work culture where
everyone feels comfortable opening up and sharing their ideas and opinions. We also value
our clients, which is why we have an unwavering devotion to quality workmanship,
honouring commitments, and always acting with fairness and integrity.
This is a full-time permanent position that offers a competitive hourly wage which will be
negotiated based on experience. We also offer a comprehensive medical benefits package,
flexible vacation time, company shirts, training, company phones and company vehicles.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be