As the Bin Truck Driver your primary roles and responsibilities will be:
- Driving the bin truck daily.
- Unloading and loading cargo into the truck.
- Ensuring you comply with the BC Motor Vehicle Act at all times while on the road.
- Logging bin pickups and drop offs.
- Developing and maintaining an efficient routing system.
- Contacting the accounting department to acquire PO numbers when dropping off waste and picking up materials.
- Assisting the Logistics Manager in the yard when there are no material drop-offs or pickups required.
- Developing and maintaining an organized and efficient loading and unloading system.
- Keeping accurate up-to-date records of bin truck inspections and any maintenance required.
- Reporting any truck related problems to Logistics Manager, immediately.
- Using extreme caution while driving in residential neighbourhoods; drive slowly and watch for children, pets, cars, pedestrians, flower beds, hedges, and lawns.
- Avoid damage to client’s property when positioning for unloading.
- Avoid spilling any materials; clean up spillage that occurs.
This is a full-time position with 40 working hours a week; Monday – Friday.
Who are we?
We are the largest residential Masonry Company in beautiful Victoria, BC and consistently growing. “Do it once, do it right” is more than a tagline. It’s an attitude that pervades everything we do at Flintstones. It’s how we became the most referred masonry and renovation company on Vancouver Island — and why we’ve extended our services to include: concrete work, home waterproofing, foundation repair/restoration and landscape design and builds.
At Flintstones, we understand that any business is only as good as the people who run them. That’s why we are determined to hire people who are smart, motivated, positive and excited to learn and grow with us. We strive to maintain an open work culture where everyone feels comfortable opening up and sharing their ideas and opinions. We also value our clients, which is why we have an unwavering devotion to, quality workmanship, honouring commitments, and always acting with fairness and integrity.
Benefits of working at Flintstones:
At Flintstones, we have the flexibility of a start-up and the stability that comes with a large and stable company. When ideas are presented, they can be immediately implemented which stimulates an exciting and rewarding environment.
- Be part of a well recognized and respected company that is a leader in the Construction Industry.
- Market competitive employment package, group benefits, flexible vacation time.
- Learning and development opportunities in a rapidly growing company.
- A family oriented environment where fun and productivity live harmoniously together.
- Monthly Meetings.
- Company BBQ’s and events.
- A collaborative work culture that encourages fun.
This position offers a competitive wage and will be negotiated based on experience.